Dear Parents, Carers and Families,
On behalf of the Governing Board and all staff at Newcomen Primary School, I would like to wish you the warmest of welcomes back to the new academic year 2021-2022.
I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank you for your genuine and much-appreciated support during the pandemic and over the last 18th months. We all know it has not been an easy time for anyone.
Thank you so much to everyone who was able to complete this year’s Family Questionnaire. You know me well and you know I read each and every response carefully; all further comments have been noted and are genuinely valued and taken on board.
296 questionnaires were returned this year (our highest number ever) thank you so much for your time. The staff, our Governors and I have shared the summary of the Family Questionnaire.
We would like to say a heartfelt thank you for your wonderfully supportive comments; we were really humbled by your words of thanks as they mean the world to us just like our children – our most precious asset.
Please take your time to enjoy reading through the exact wording of the children, parents and carers.
100% of the children said they felt safe in school and were able to articulate why.
We only recently joined Newcomen but it more than lives up to its reputation of being an outstanding school.
Here are some quotes from Parents and Carers from the most recent questionnaire:
- You value all children, respect their individual needs and promote inclusion in every sense of the word. You promote family values.
- Communication is second to none – fantastic for planning. You set high standards and provide the teaching to match. Believe Achieve Succeed!
- All staff give the children their very best – the level of enthusiasm, passion and dedication of all staff is felt from the minute you walk through the door.
- I am very fond of the school. The teachers are brilliant with all the children in their care. The children all love going to school and are the teachers’ no 1 priority. Thank you for making school great for my children.
Our Governing Board requested we ask the following questions of our families:
- Do you think the school’s communication was effective during the pandemic?
100% of responses agreed.
- Do you think the safeguarding measures initiated by the school were appropriate?
100% of responses agreed.
- Do you think the school’s remote provision via See saw was effective?
96% of responses agreed
(7 responses didn’t know and 5 disagreed)
You can view previous questionnaires by downloading the document from the table below.
- The staff are amazing – always willing to go the extra mile to support.
- Extending open afternoon so working parents can attend worked well for my family. You ensure my child has the best experience and education possible.
- I like how you involve the children in important decisions like Family Day colours and Leonardo.
- The school makes all pupils feel like part of a big family and it’s nice to feel that the adults genuinely care for every pupil.
- You create a sense of community for the children and their family.
- Work hard and play hard.
- The school is fantastic at keeping families involved in events.
- Staff have been fantastic at teaching my child – he is excelling in all areas.
- You guide children to achieve their best potential. Miss Pusztai and the teachers drive a clear focus and that is all for the children to achieve their very best. I love how well families are included.
- The teachers are very very approachable and get the balance of being approachable but firm perfectly right
- Children love school when they go to your school. 10 stars!
- The school’s work ethic is second to none. The pupils are always taught life skills, manners and values as well as educational subjects which is key in primary school.
- The school relationship between families and themselves is amazing and I am proud my child attends Newcomen.
- You teach the children the value of working hard and good things will happen. Everything.
School performances are amazing.
- My child is happy and content. He comes home full of new knowledge and is eager to share it with us. Children are kind and considerate.
- My child really enjoyed the after-school litter picking club.
- The consistent, whole school approach has given my child an amazing start in life. His knowledge and application of learning is truly phenomenal – thank you to everyone at Newcomen.
- It is clear that the pandemic has not impacted on the quality of the children’s education. I am sure that the compassionate and empathetic responses that my child has observed from staff at Newcomen has gone a long way to building my child’s personal resilience and emotional intelligence.
- I would like to take this opportunity to express my feelings about this amazing primary school. Despite the challenges over the last two academic years, the support given from the school and its staff has ensure my child has continued to embrace the ‘outstanding’ learning. We will miss Newcomen immensely and have many happy memories of our time with you.
- I am so sad my child is leaving this fantastic school. He has enjoyed every minute in the Newcomen Family and is excited about his new chapter at secondary school.
- I would like to say the school has been absolutely fantastic during the period of the pandemic with amazing care and continuous support throughout. The support received through Seesaw and the feedback and contact with the children was amazing for which I would like to say a big THANK YOU!
- Measures were fab, remote learning was great. School itself has been excellent during this difficult time. Huge thank you to Newcomen Primary with special thanks to the amazing Nursery team! The work packs were brilliant learning tools which we enjoyed completing. As a nurse working through the pandemic, I can truly appreciate the hard work the school has put in. Thank you for putting the welfare and safety of the children in everything you do, it really shows.
- My child’s first experience of school has been so positive despite a global pandemic.
- I would just like to take the time to say a big thank you to all the nursery staff who have been amazing. My child tells me every day that the staff are all lovely and as her mam that makes my day so a big thank you to all again.
We would just like to take this opportunity to say a HUGE thank you to all the amazing team at Newcomen. The communication between the school and the families throughout all this uncertainty has been fantastic and we have definitely felt supported and cared for and have known that our child is in safe hands at Newcomen. He is so happy and settled and enjoying his learning and we couldn’t ask for more. Thank you.
During home learning the support we received from the school and individual teachers was amazing. There was no pressure to complete work on time but the children really enjoyed all aspects of Seesaw. Due to the efforts from Newcomen during the pandemic, our children will not suffer from this. I think you all do a marvellous job and deserve a lot more credit. Thank you so much for the past year. As we learn to live with Covid, it would be nice to see after school clubs resume.
The obvious care to our children was clearly evident in the staff’s approach to Seesaw. The level of detail, the personal responses and the ease of use allowed for quality communication and the connection to be maintained with both his teacher and friends.
Thank you for providing support and reassurance to us and our children throughout this past year. It was good to know that school was there even when we were home learning, the steps taken to keep our children safe have all been implemented and communicated effectively. Our children are genuinely loved and cared for by all the staff and you have been a great help in getting our children through all this, remaining a constant in their lives whether in school or from home. The help given to key workers was amazing and proved how fantastic our school really is. Thank you for everything. Newcomen staff are truly amazing.
We respect you all for working tirelessly throughout the pandemic, especially when the children returned and you made the school a happy but safe environment.
I cannot thank you enough for the support and guidance you gave to my daughter and I. The safety measures are exemplary. I hope this remains in place post restrictions. Thank you for being the best school!
We only recently joined Newcomen but it more than lives up to its reputation of being an outstanding school. We hope that Newcomen continues as it is, in its approach to the pandemic, putting the safety of students first while still maintaining a solid standard of education. Our children love Newcomen! We are looking forward to seeing which extra-curricular/after school activities become available to see what we can have our children involved in.
- You always listen and take on board the views of parents.
- The events you hold, which involve families and carers, are invaluable and provide so many opportunities to work together to improve outcomes for children.
- Well done for all the hard work all teachers and staff put into this school for the children and their families.
- My children are achieving really well at Newcomen. Mrs Lamb is fab – nothing is ever a problem for her. She seems to remember all of the children in the school and they like to go and see her in First Aid.
- Thank you so much for supporting my child and making her the person she is today. The school brings families together and keeps everyone connected.
- Excellent inclusive school for children and their families.
- Newcomen is a great school.
- I have the comfort of knowing my child is safe at school.
- I like the values that the school promotes. I like that bad behaviour is not tolerated. Family Day is just the best day of the year.