At Newcomen Primary School, we take great pride in our uniform, which we expect all our pupils to wear. We believe that it promotes our family identity and actively discourages discrimination and peer pressure.
Our school uniform consists of the following:
- Grey trousers , skirt or pinafore (please no jeans or jogging bottoms)
- Purple sweatshirt or cardigan with school logo on
- White polo shirt (Gold polo shirt in Y6)
- Flat shoes preferably black shoes or black trainers (shoes that are brightly coloured or contain flashing lights are highly discouraged). High heels should not be worn for health and safety reasons.
All items of clothing should be named. Unfortunately, school can take no responsibility for lost or damaged uniform.
Please note that extreme haircuts such as excessive beading or shaven marks in hair are not appropriate for school and therefore should not be worn.
Optional items include: book bag/drawstring P.E. bag featuring school logo and in the summer, purple gingham dress, grey shorts.
- Indoor – plain shorts, t-shirt, and PE shoes (no trainers).
- Outdoor – plain joggers, plain t-shirt and trainers.
- Please note trainers must be worn when using our Multi Use Games Area (MUGA).
- PE kits should be kept at school for the week and go home on a Friday to be washed.
- PE bags should be limited to drawstring styles with thin handles, which will easily fit onto the narrow pegs. We have no facility to store holdalls or backpacks and these cannot hang securely on pegs.
Jewellery is not allowed in school for pupils. It can be a safety hazard and if lost or damaged, causes distress. Ear studs are allowed but must be removed for PE and during swimming lessons by the child. Covering with plasters is not allowed. The problem of newly pierced ears can be avoided by waiting for the summer holiday. Nose studs and other piercings are not allowed. Please ensure that temporary tattoos are removed before sending your child to school.
Please note that children are not allowed mobile phones in school.
SCHOOL UNIFORM SUPPLIER
School uniform, with the school logo on, can be purchased from:
19 West Terrace
Tel: 01642 487720