At Newcomen Primary School we recognise that the personal development of pupils, spiritually, morally, socially and culturally (SMSC) plays a significant part in their ability to learn and achieve. We therefore aim to provide an education that provides pupils with opportunities to explore and develop:
- their own values and beliefs,
- spiritual awareness,
- high standards of personal behaviour,
- a positive, caring attitude towards other people,
- an understanding of their social and cultural traditions
- and an appreciation of the diversity and richness of the cultures.
SMSC is a dimension of the whole school experience which makes the curriculum relevant, stimulating, creative and fun. It enriches each subject and the ethos of Newcomen Primary School and is an essential ingredient of school success.
|SMSC at Newcomen Primary School||Download|
|SMSC Guidance – Maintained Schools||Download|